Contact Strauss Audiology for a hearing test, situated in the Panorama Health Care Centre. Tel: 021 492 3230 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearing loss is one of the most common health problems, affecting 1 out of every 10 people worldwide, according to the World Health Organisation. Your hearing ability may be influenced by a range of factors, including noise exposure in your environment, earwax in the ear canal, ear infections, the normal ageing process etc. You might consider only testing your hearing as you become older; however, when you consider that your hearing may also be influenced by conditions such as hypertension, cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, you may consider testing your hearing earlier in life to form part of your general health assessment.
If you find yourself reading this, unsure of whether you should test your hearing, follow this checklist as a starting point:
1. Do people seem to mumble or speak softer than before?
2. Do you find it difficult to follow conversation in a crowded or noisy environment?
3. Has someone close to you mentioned that you have to have your hearing tested?
4. Do you find that you have to turn the TV volume louder than before?
5. Do you frequently ask people to repeat themselves?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, it is time for a professional hearing test.
You may not be fond of the idea of having your hearing tested, but the good news is that the earlier you know your hearing status, the sooner you can take the correct steps to address it!
Hopefully I see you for a hearing evaluation next time you do your general health checkup!
Tel: 021 492 3230